Wednesday, September 22, 2010

party for ariel

The instructions for the party were to bring a food that you think Ariel would like.  There's only one food I know for sure that Ariel loves and that's Jameson so I bought her some flowers and whiskey and called it a night. 

I had such a fun night, we had a cavalcade of stars visit us on old 100th st., it was just like the parties we used to have in college. 

I think the kitties were freaked out by all the people and noise, at some point I went in to my room to change the music and discovered them huddled together on my bed.

the picture ended up blurry because they didn't want their love captured on camera, but it was pretty adorable. 

This party was the first time that I've been at an event with one of my blog friends so I have to do a link to her blog in hopes that she will also write something about the party and then everyone will realize that I really do have friends.  So check out Kim's blog: http://welookawesome.wordpress.com/


I did get kind of riled up (maybe it was the Jameson) when the neighbors came and asked us to turn down our music.  I mean, now in the light of day I guess it wasn't that big a deal, they asked nicely and we obliged and it wasn't really an issue, but it still annoys me a little bit.  I mean, I just feel like our apt building is a shit hole, and even though they have been busy remodeling the apts as soon as people leave so that they are fancy and whatever, it doesn't change the fact that the neighborhood still sucks.  I have to figure out ways to drown out the sounds of construction that happen literally around the clock, not to mention the music and blaring tvs from other people's apts in our building and the buildings around us.  Not only that, we also live in NYC where you are constantly on top of and surrounded by lots of other people.  I know there is no harm in asking, and that's all they did, but it just irritates me.  It's not like we have rager parties every other night that's constantly keeping them up, that's probably the first party we've had at the apt since Ariel's last birthday party. 
 
i'm done with my rant, thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment