Thursday, September 30, 2010

too many cats


Note: go to above link at your own risk.  There is a lot of butt on the screen. 

One of the really fun things about starting this blog is when i get emails or messages from friends saying that they laughed at something random that I wrote.  Partly because i made them laugh (or in the case of any of you who check my blog at work, i made you titter), but also just that it's really cool that people are checking my blog of their own volition now instead of because I sent them harassing emails immediately after posting something saying, "have you checked my blog?  Did you check my blog?  Check my blog..."

I think most of the people who read this are my real life friends still at this point, but Ive also gotten a few people that I don't know as well who have commented that they've read my blog.  One was a friend I met through a myspace-esque website back in the day but have never actually met in person.  He sent me a message the other day saying, "I confess, I've read your blog.  I like it, except for one thing...too many cats". 

and i say no such thing sir!  

So here's a few more pictures. 

Literally the day after I posted those pictures of those nice guys riding the magic carpet I came in to the kitchen, turned on the light, and found this



and yes, in case you were wondering, princess jasmine can still shoot lasers out of her eyes



and then just for good measure here are some pictures of the detective with his best friend.  When we first got the detective we were so excited to have a cat that we went to Petco and got all these cat essentials; brushes, toys, treats, etc.  We also splurged and bought him this scratching post, which we felt had everything a cat could want.

Well he does love this thing, but he loves it in the way that you love something you never want to see get hurt.


as you can see it is still good as new, while the chair next to it has literally been torn to shreds.  He loves laying on this carpeted base of this thing, or rubbing his face against the sessile rope, but he refuses to take his claws to it.  We will put the scratching post right next to the chair so the scratching post blocks his access to the chair and he will just go to the other side and start working on the chair there.  I'll catch him sharpening his claws on the chair and will carry him over to the scratching post and literally drag his now lifeless paws across the rope part to show him how satisfying it would be to scratch it and he just gets this faraway look in his eyes like he has gone to his happy place in order to cope with the horror of being picked up by me.

I finally just quit caring and just try to ignore that he spends all of his time awkwardly trying to sit on the base that's too small.  I don't try to understand him and he doesn't try to understand me.

No comments:

Post a Comment