Tuesday, September 7, 2010

kayaking with my brother

While I was in Florida the last time my brother took me out kayaking from the point above on Philipi Creek in Sarasota. The reason it took me this long to post about it was because at one point in our kayak adventure we found ourselves in the middle of a...i should know this...school of dolphins? Pod of dolphins? I'm going to go with gang, esp after the amount of offensive remarks that came out of their blowholes. Anyways, the point is the camera on my phone takes way to long to focus and whatnot so I knew there was no way I could time it to take a picture right when one of them was coming up so I instead took a bunch of videos. I finally sat down and looked through them to try and see if I managed to capture anything. I didn't. But if you ever want to get really seasick just let me know, I have some videos I can email you.
But the Kayaking was really beautiful regardless. We went through all these really cool mangrove swamps, i tried to upload a video but blogger hates all my videos right now for some reason, so you'll just have to imagine it in your minds eye.

And we went under the bridge that you take to get out to the beach, which was cool. Going under bridges like this always make me think of when I was a little kid and we had a sailboat and sometimes it would be a drawbridge that would have to open just for us. Of course when you're not in a sailboat and instead in a kayak, it's a little more scary. You really get pushed around by the bigger boats and you can just see yourself getting tossed in to the massive cement pylons.

Besides all the natural beauty we also took the kayak back in to a couple of channels to check out some of the amazing homes. There was one house with a two story swimming pool that had a giant bronze lions head on the second floor pool that spit the water in to the first floor pool. tacky.

These houses are my favorites. If anybody wants to buy one for me I will send you details. Thanks
This one is on Siesta Key and is just down a channel. I think it's so nice and simple, it reminds me of something from Charleston or Key West. I really like this style, like something the european settlers would have built in the bahamas. Modest.
This house was on Siesta Key but bayfront property. The most absurd thing about it was that it looked like it was empty. Somebody owns this house and doesn't even care. This looks like an amazing hide and seek house. So many turrets!
And finally this house which looks like Jlo meets Basic Instinct. When we saw this house for the first time we saw it head on and it looked really small and insignificant. It wasn't until we were coming back that we saw it from this angle and realized how gigantic it is. It's got a solid two stories of windows!! It kind of looks like a library, but who cares.

And finally, of all rich people things we saw, this one was my favorite. Do you think it's really named after her?

No comments:

Post a Comment