Wednesday, September 22, 2010

blog surfing

when i did a google image search for "blog surfing" this picture came up.  I don't see the connection but ok.

So blogger has this nifty "next blog" link which I am assuming just randomly takes you to another blog on blogger.  I'm exceptionally bored at work so I decided I would do some cruising through random blogs and see if I stumbled upon anything I like. 

The two things I noticed after about 5 minutes before I gave up were:

1) there are a lot more blogs written in different languages than English.  While cool, I got to the point where I was just skipping them as soon as I saw they were in a different language because I was getting frustrated only being able to look at pictures but not have any clue what they are about. 

and

2) I "randomly" seem to get the same handful of blogs over and over.  I put quotes around it because i don't know if it actually is random or not.  Does anybody know?  I guess maybe it sends me to specific blogs based on the content that i put on my own or something?  But if that were the case then why would it send me to so many blogs that were in other languages?  And not always the same language, sometimes it's scary languages with letters that i've never even seen before.  But if it is random then does that just mean that there really aren't that many people with blogs on blogger?  There were two or three blogs that came up more than once.  Explain please. 

it's funny how greedy you get for new posts on blogs you like.  I feel like I post a lot more than a lot of other people who have blogs, but even so I don't post anywhere near as much as some of the big name blogs out there, and even with the amount of posting they do I am constantly refreshing, desperately waiting for a new nugget of random to read about. 

so if you have a blog that i read, please update.  i'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment