Thursday, September 2, 2010

my musical morning



I had a really funny morning with music. The first part of my morning was spent putting away my clothes from my suitcase and clearing the floor so I could do yoga. When I finally got everything away I went to the kitchen to make some tea before I settled down for my morning yoga.

When I returned to my room I walked in on a nice clean room with a handsome guy just snoozin' on the bed, and this was playing on my itunes:


It really was bliss.

So when I go to do yoga I'm rockin' along and i get to the point where i'm ready to do my first down dog. I usually hold the first down dog for as long as I can, and this morning my timing synched up so that a new song was starting and I decided to just try to hold down dog for the entire song. Here's the song that I had to hold down dog for:


Now at first I was like, "ok i can get down with this, nice inspirational, whitney come back, i get it" and I really got in to it. I know that whitney is talking about God but I like to think about it like "I look to you" meaning that I look to myself. That I think so often for me I am looking for other people to validate me or make me feel like i'm on the right track, but when it's just me by myself in my room trying to hold down dog for a whitney ballad, there isn't anybody that's going to help me but me. I literally have nobody to look to for help but myself, and when I really have to I will pull it together and help myself.

Of course by like 2 minutes in I was no longer thinking about how inspirational the song was, I was instead thinking about how it was written by R. Kelly and how he got caught on camera peeing on some underage girl. Classic.

And by 3:30 in to the song all I was thinking about was the burning in my shoulders and how I just wanted whitney to finish the damn song. In the beginning I was like, "ooooh good for whitney, she's back, she's singing a ballad, she's still got it" but by this point I was like, "omg whitney, it's over, let it go, you don't need to sing a whole other verse, we get it, just end this misery". I wasn't sure how close I was to the end but I knew she had to do one final attempt at hitting a strong note before she would sing several, "i look to you"'s while she faded in to the background.

When the song was FINALLY over I collapsed on the floor in to child's pose. There was a brief moment of silence and I wondered what the next song was going to be. It was beyond appropriate:


it was like, "you're right mariah, you were my sweet destiny, it was worth waiting through the shadows of that jank-ass whitney song, classic mariah, you are my vision of love". Also can we talk about how she's wearing a unitard?

Basically the moral of the story is that i listen to some pretty gay music.


No comments:

Post a Comment