Monday, September 20, 2010

heebie jeebies


you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger to see what's going on with this guy.

I was meeting Esha at the Met for drinks on the roof on Friday. While I was waiting and people watching I came face to face with this guy who had a python wrapped around his torso in the style of one B. Spears circa the "i'm a slave for you" vma performance:






I wanted to get a better picture but I can't help being freaked out by snakes. My brother had pet snakes growing up and having lived in Florida I def saw my fair share of wild snakes as well. We certainly went on enough educational field trips where we learned all about snakes so that we knew not to be afraid of them, but just to be knowledgeable about dealing with them blah blah blah. I mean, obviously this guys snake must be pretty well behaved if he can wander around manhattan with it and most people didn't even notice but still. Creepy!!


I think it's something about seeing how strong they are when they move. Seeing all those muscles you can't help but think about it squeezing the breath out of you.


On the plus side, snakes also always remind me of Anaconda featuring one Jennifer Lopez, who never performed with a live snake on the VMA's but did wear this dress to the grammy's :



and I think it's been too long since we've come together as a nation to acknowledge the amazingness of it. I mean, that is a dress. Up yours gaga, you can wear all the weirdo lace volcano headdresses you want but until you start showing up to events in single pieces of fabric held together by a single broach right at your vagina, and a whole lot of double sided tape, I don't want to hear about how you're a "fashion icon".

So anyways, the point of this post is that I don't like snakes and was uncomfortable with this man walking amongst the crowds with his large python.

No comments:

Post a Comment