Wednesday, September 8, 2010

it was all for Dan

This morning instead of doing any of the other hundreds of things I needed to do, I instead got involved in a three hour project of downloading music videos, watching them, and putting them on my phone. Anybody who has ever made plans with me in new york know that 9 times out of 10 Dan and I get drunk and end up watching music videos until 3 in the morning and then realize that everybody has been trying to call us all night.

So last weekend when Craig started singing En Vogue and then had to pull up a bunch of videos on youtube. It made me question why I didn't have any En Vogue on my phone. This morning I decided, I'm going to download En Vogue music videos. For WHATEVER reason Itunes is really lame and only has a few music videos for each artist. This was the only video they had for En Vogue:



Now I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, but I was really looking for never gonna get it. Regardless, going to Itunes for the first time in almost a year made me realize that I still had money on my account from some long lost gift card. This is what led to my wasted morning lost in the world of diva's and their music videos.

I have no idea why nobody told me how amazing this video is but I am IN LOVE:




I mean, I was sold right off the bat by the scene of her in bed but it only got better from there. Subtle under the bubbles touching in the bathtub, yes please. 12 year old girl bloomers with a sexy baby tank, more please. Fruity pebbles and sexual inuendo, now that's a first rate video.

I also downloaded some more Mariah, classic Janet Jackson, and some Nicki Minaj. Part of me was glad that she's finally in the mainstream because it means I can download a high def version of her video from itunes, but it also kind of sucks because the edited version of Massive Attack is just ridiculous. I mean, there are giant chunks of time when her lips are moving but you don't hear anything because I guess the whole thing is just one crazy offensive rap. Here is the unedited version, not that you can understand half the things she's saying anyways:




I love her but I kind of wish she was still my little secret, it's not as fun now that everybody knows about her. Still, congrats Nicki.

And Dan, be prepared, we got a lot of videos to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment