Friday, July 1, 2011

glad to see this is the same


I got the 3D Ocarina of Time the other day and have been super engrossed in it since.  It's weirdly fun to play a game that you kind of know how to do everything in.  I mean, it was kind of disappointing that I beat the first ending guy literally within about a minute and without her even getting a hit in against me, but otherwise it's fun.  I forgot about how many weird side quests there are in this game, like the whole thing with the masks, and it's so much less frustrating when you know who wants the masks so you're not just wandering around Hyrule aimlessly talking to every idiot dancing in a town square.

Besides making it 3D which is really REALLY cool, they also improved the graphics in general.  The most striking thing so far has been the spiritual stones.  They look so beautiful!

What is not beautiful however is the great fairies.  I remember being very disturbed by the great fairies when I played this game the first time as a child.  It's a combination of their skimpy outfits, hyper sexual behavior, and shrieking banshee laughter that really puts me on edge.  I was kind of hoping they would have toned down the great fairies in this revamping of the game but they didn't.  Almost quite the opposite, the improved graphics let you see more clearly how she rubs her thighs while talking to little boys.

But besides the fairies the game is pretty ridiculously fun, especially because it reminds me of how excited I was to play this game the first time.  When I started this I told myself the same thing I tell myself every time I play a Zelda game; I am going to get every heart container and every upgrade!!  We'll see how that plays out.  I'm already reminded of how annoying that stupid guy selling the beans is.

It's another rainy day in Florida, if you need me I'll be playing my ocarina.

No comments:

Post a Comment