Friday, March 25, 2011

research at Target


Sometimes when I'm at a place like Target I browse through the pool/backyard fun area and look at the pictures on the boxes.  It's always been one of my dreams that I would be in the photo shoot for the pool floatie box, or the floating basketball hoop, or the slip n' slide.

Of course once I start down this path I get lost for hours looking at all the crazy things at Target that I usually breeze right past.  Like this highly unsettling quote from Kevin, age 11.

Or this woman who I am convinced is that girl from Rock of Love who I can't seem to find on any google search:


Was she one of the brandi's?  I don't remember, I think she was on I Love Money and Charm School though.  And now apparently she's posing for the outdoor water castle box.  I want her career.

Also in the pool section I found this boy:


Ok, he's excited about slippin' and slidin', I get it, he's good.  Then I walked down a few boxes and saw this:


Is it the same picture photoshopped to look different?  Or is this kid just that good?  He gets a call on saturday morning, "Hey Johnny, we got a shoot for a new pool toy today you in?"  He's got a pair of board shorts in green that have yet to grace a box so he goes for it.  Just gotta stretch my hamstrings first, gonna be a day of heavy squatting.

Winding my way through the pool/outdoor section meant that I transitioned seamlessly in to the toy section which captivated me for quite some time.  I mean have you seen some of the lego sets they have these days?  I wanted everything.

But I wanted nothing as much as I wanted this:


If they had had these when I was little I woulda bought the shit out of them.  WHAT COULD IT BE?!  I was going to buy it but then I decided I'd rather let the mystery live on.  It could be anything.  It could even be my car!  What if it was my car, omg now I have to go back to Target.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god. It's totally not the same picture! I thought had to be at first, but apparently Johnny has a very limited repertoire of poses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how are you sure? It's definitely the same exact swimsuit in a different color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His arms are in slightly different positions. Look at the space between his left arm and his body in the top picture and compare that to the one below. Unless that's part of their crazy photoshop conspiracy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm you bring up a good point.

    My experience with Erotic Photo Hunt tells me that subtle changes like that are all too possible in the world of photoshop. And if it is the same picture they obviously photoshopped it anyways since it's mirrored and the suit is a different color.

    I think I just want to believe it's photoshopped because the alternative is that there is a little boy out there who's more of a working model than me and his blue steel is popping a squat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I forgot you love Erotic Photo Hunt as much as me. I was going to bring that up as potential evidence, as well.
    Maybe you should incorporate the double-fisty open mouth kneeling pose into your yoga routine, and one day you, too, could have a career as a full-time watersports model...

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like utkatasana to me, I hate that pose.

    ReplyDelete