Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jennifer Love on SVU


I gotta say I was impressed with the performance.  I thought that the writing was pretty terrible but she managed to pull it off and make it sound not that bad.  I think that's the true test of a good actor or actress, if they are on an episode of Law and Order and actually make you forget how absurd some of their lines are.  That's why Mariska is so good!

I did appreciate that for most of the episode she looked pretty rough.  She wasn't wearing much, if any, makeup which helped you forget that it was Jennifer Love you were watching.  However, they did add in video of her that was supposedly taken when she was 16, but was obviously shot in tandem with the rest of the episode.  The videos featured her all done up and wearing a really ridiculous candy striper uniform.  I feel like it was in her contract, "ok ok, i'll go sans makeup, but only if you figure out a way to include something where i'm young and hot".  I mean the video had her licking an ice cream cone. 

I love svu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment