Thursday, September 16, 2010

two nice guys


So I came home from Florida on Monday to these nice guys being best friends!!! When I left they were still on edge with each other, and had only just started warming up. Actually Friday morning when I was up at 4:30 I went out to the kitchen and as I passed the living room could just make out in the darkness that one of them was sitting on the chair and one was sitting on the couch a few feet away and they were just staring at each other. Apparently I had disturbed their nightly ritual of creepy staring because they were both looking at me angrily, their eyes glowing in the darkness, revealing their true intentions.




But I guess in the time I was gone over the weekend they became best best friends. When I came home I opened up my window and they both just sat on my bed and enjoyed the sunshine and the breeze together. It was incredibly sweet, and then to take it up a notch, Weezie actually started licking the Detective gently behind the ear. I tried to get a good picture but I didn't want to disturb them and make them stop. As you can see below from kitty's facial expressions, he wasn't too pleased about me catching him being affectionate.
They look sweet and peaceful in these pictures, but the nights have been rough lately. They basically just chase eachother around the apt, and when one catches the other they roll around knocking everything over and being generally terrible. The worst part is that in the darkness and when I'm half asleep I can't even figure out which one is which. Last night I woke up and one of them had his face jammed in to my spider plant and was just eating away and the other one was chewing on the cable to my speakers so they would make static noises. Those are both the Detectives tricks for waking me up when he's hungry so the fact that they were both doing them can only mean that he's teaching Weezie how to be as obnoxious as possible.
I have a feeling the next step is going to be that I wake up with a big cat butt on either side of me so I'll have nowhere to turn except to sleep with the pillow over my head at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment