Tuesday, September 7, 2010

dinner for 3


Meghan invited Craig and I over for the delicious dinner shown above. Parsley and tomato with a tahini dressing for the salad and a torte for the main course which had layers of potatoes, zucchini, squash, and delicious cheesy herby crumblies.

The best part was that Meghan had special jobs for each of us to do. My jobs were usually taken away from me because I couldn't quite grasp what it was I was supposed to do. I would just get too excited about something else and stop paying attention to what I was doing. That's how I cook, maybe it's not "technically" the best way to do it but I make it work.

Anyways, while waiting for food to be ready we had lots of fun activities to enjoy including Meghan regaling us with tales of the murderous squirrel that she scares away by banging spoons on her fire escape, or exploring the creepy haunted apt next door. We played scrabble and both of them ended up muttering curse words at me under my breath. I don't know why.

The final dish was the berry bars as seen below. I just finished my last one this morning, it was even better several days later after the berry goodness had solidified. But fresh out of the oven was pretty good too.
I love dinner parties at meghans, I will miss them. Maybe i'll just fly back weekly...

No comments:

Post a Comment