Tuesday, September 21, 2010

dream date pt 2

Even after Dan and I had our pre show drinks we were still early for the play so while we waited in the darkness we managed to play MASH for both him and me.  I am ok with the future events of my life, I think it was kind of harsh that he had to specify that I am to have a bicycle with NO basket, but whatever, i'll make do.  At least I don't have to drive the Weinermobile like Dan. 

After the play was over we needed to forget the memories of the bad bloody mary's and the boring play with a trip to the Standard for some AMAZING bloody mary's and great people watching.

I've actually only ever had the bloody mary at the Standard on Sunset in los angeles, which is slightly different than the one served in the west village.  It came garnished with a sprig of rosemary!!! so fancy!  It was really delicious in the drink but also just when you brought the glass up to your face you were enveloped in this really nice rosemary scent.  I still would have appreciated a stalk of celery but I have no complaints. 

We sat in a communal section of the outdoor space which was soon invaded by a family that looked straight out of Growing Up Gotti.  They were actually from Italy but looked like they modeled their lives after the trashiest of Italian icons.  We had fun spying on them for a while but the lack of service led to our disinterest as the bloody mary wore off. 

We eventually found our way upstairs to the highline, upon which we walked uptown.  We ended our night at Barrage where Amy met us for a $2 beer. 

All in all it really was a magical nyc sunday dream date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment