Tuesday, September 21, 2010

dream date pt 1

Last week at work I decided that I wanted to take in a day at the Theatre so I asked Dan if he'd be interested in accompanying me.  He said he was and that he would even wear a dress, which he didn't.  But we still had a magical dream date on Sunday together. 

We got to the show early because I was paranoid about getting our tickets so we ended up being like 40 minutes ahead of time for a show that was not very well attended to begin with.  After sitting in the lobby for a few minutes we decided that we should probably go somewhere and get a drink while we waited instead of being lurkers. 

We found this cute bar in the west village that actually had a live band!  It was so fun, and kind of sad because there were maybe 4 or 5 other people at the bar besides us to even listen to them.  But even so, it was really cool, I forget how fun live music is.  It made me remember all the times I've been places to hear Leah sing, like in the lobby of Charleston Place.  I always feel so sophisticated. 

Whatever this bar was that we ended up at we picked it because Dan said they had the BEST bloody mary's:

They decidedly were not the best bloody mary's but they weren't the worst.  The worst bloody mary I've ever had was at HK, but I digress.  These just needed a little salt and pepper and they were good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment