Thursday, September 22, 2011

Brilliant


Ignore the ghostly image in blue, it was a drawing from the other side that leaked through.  That was Nathanael's drawing of our teacher for the latin american history class.

But I want to talk about the pencil drawing.  I had completely forgotten about all of this and I seriously cannot stop laughing as I look at these comics.

At this point in college Nathanael and I were both going to Boston fairly frequently and would often coordinate our travels together.  If any of you have ever taken the Fung Wah you know that it is notably better with a travelling companion.  If for no other reason than because the seating is done in pairs so a partner guarantees you won't have to spend the 4+ hour trip sitting next to some undesirable.

I guess the halfway point between New York and Boston was a Roy Rogers restaurant somewhere in the middle of nowhere so that's where the Fung Wah stops once every trip.  Nathanael and I decided that Roy and Fung must have been in cahoots which developed in to a whole storyline about the two of them.


I think that is Fung Wah on the right and then his brother Chung Wah on the left.  Chung is clearly the one responsible for turning their ragtag bus operation in to the booming enterprise it has become, but always under the watchful eye of his big brother Fung.

Add Roy Rogers to the mix (with his glass of liquid gold) and you've got yourself the makings of an unbeatable business.  And it's true too, what's the first name you think of when planning a trip to Boston?

Fung Wah.

No comments:

Post a Comment