Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I make bad choices


I once again found myself in alligator alley with the needle dancing in the red.  I don't know what my problem is.  This time I was going in the opposite direction, and I guess I thought I had enough gas to get to the gas station that I stopped at the last time I almost ran out.  I thought this gas station was right at the edge but apparently it's not at all so I once again almost ran out of gas.  I took this picture when I arrived at the pump, I'm not sure how many miles my car had left in her.  At least the cruise control didn't shut itself off like the 3 series did.

And for those of you who said that the fences keep the alligators away from the road nowadays (scott) let me just say that I definitely saw alligator road kill this time.  I have yet to see any giant pythons but I will scream like a little girl as soon as I do.

In keeping with my theme of making bad choices I decided to put the top down when I stopped for gas.  I think I was just so relieved to have made it that I thought nothing else could go wrong.


As you can see it looks like blue skies and fluffy white clouds, but that is the florida rain phenomenon.  You never know when it's going to strike, the sun can still be blindingly bright but it's just a deluge of rain.  This was the case shortly after I got back on the road, deep in the heart of alligator alley.  There was no way I was pulling over to put the top up so I just rolled up the windows and relied on the aerodynamics of fine german engineering to keep me dry.  It did ok, I'm not sure if having the windows up and the windscreen helped or hurt the air flow in terms of keeping me dry.  The rain kind of formed a rivulet along the window which, upon reaching the back, flew around and in to the car for a gentle steady hosing. Otherwise though I remained pretty dry.  Just kind of a windy mist swirling around the inside of the car, kind of refreshing actually.

I don't think I will be making a habit of going rain riding in my car though, but it's good to know that I won't get completely drenched if I get caught in the rain.  As long as I keep my speed up.  It's kind of like that movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, the bus would explode.  I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down".  source

I'm glad that Jonathan sent me this as it caused me to listen to nothing but Britney the whole way down and back.  I seriously hope that article is telling the truth, I can't wait.  And maybe I will still be homeless when the VMA's come around so it will be no big thing for me to camp out for a week before hand so I can be right up close!

Silver linings, silver linings.

No comments:

Post a Comment