Friday, May 18, 2012

comfortable familiarity


I had to get the roadster back from Elliot yesterday so I could take it to the shop to fix the scars that Norland left on it.

Having taken two weeks off from driving it I had forgotten how fun it is.  It's like a rocket ship!  Heather was nice enough to take me down to Aventura to get it and then she followed me back up to Ft. Lauderdale.  It was really fun anytime we were at a stoplight together, particularly when it turned green and I saw he getting smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror : p

Sadly I had to turn it over today so I will not be driving it again for who knows how long.  He said they might have to order a new door from Germany.  UNfortunately they won't be replacing the lock, which means I will have a new door with a still busted lock.

I think when I get the roadster back from this adventure, and once I've recouped my losses from buying the benzo, I am just going to get it tricked out.  I have always thought about racing stripes, I think it would be fun to do the paint job from the toy versions.

Matchbox:



or Hot Wheels:


I like them both, Elliot said I would look like a tool if I got "roadster" on the door panel like that but I think if people knew it was from the toy they would appreciate it.  But I also like the subtle M logo on the door panel of the Matchbox one too, I just don't know how it would look on black.  Perhaps I should get a glittery silver paint job all around...

So many options.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you realize that you're slowly becoming Barbie.

    ReplyDelete