Saturday, May 5, 2012

an afternoon with Auntie Suzanne


Heather asked me if I wanted to see Auntie Suzanne one last time before she heads up north for the summer.  She also wanted me to help bring things down from the attic but it was way more fun to just watch Heather do it.  Especially when she would be standing at the bottom of the stairs saying something smart to me and then get hit in the face with an exercise mat.  It only happened once but I keep replaying the memory in my mind.  It went something like this:



After all our hard work we spent the rest of the daylight by the pool.  It was really beautiful and apparently all of the flowers and plants were put there by the neighbors who own the pool.


I like I like.


Except hibiscus always makes me thirsty for this:


which in turn makes me miss nyc and Meghan.

But then I remember that in nyc I wouldn't be lounging by a pool, being visited by these two nice guys:


I loved them, they were both so happy and just wiggling their little butts.


The boy stayed on the edge monitoring the situation and taking sips of water (it's a salt pool) while the girl  swam all around and took a bath.  They dried off together in the sun : (


I know there were a lot of good quotes from last night but I can't necessarily remember them right now.  I also know there were several things that I was sworn to never repeat to anyone.  I don't remember those things either.

It was a good afternoon.  Thanks Auntie Suzanne, I look forward to your triumphant return come winter.

1 comment:

  1. And if the quotes were from my dear friend Suzanne, I'm sure they best remain forgotton.

    ReplyDelete