Saturday, May 19, 2012

beautiful flowers for the day


One of my neighbors got flowers today but she wasn't home to accept them.  The guy asked if I would mind keeping them until she gets home, which I don't.

It makes me miss nyc though, I don't ever buy flowers for myself down here.  I find it impossible to walk past a bodega with all their amazing flowers on display and not get something.  There were definitely times when I spent my last 5 dollars on lilacs instead of food, but it was always worth it.

These flowers are beautiful, I'm glad I get to enjoy them all day today while they are at their freshest, then turn them over for the annoying maintenance phase of flower ownership.

My sister gave me a spider plant while I was up in Sarasota last week so at least I still have some new greenery to tend to.  For some reason the detective has decided to chomp on it any time he gets the chance  so it's looking a little rough right now.  Hopefully it will just be like a haircut and it will make it grow even more now.  Hopefully.

Speaking of the detective, last night I confirmed that he must have some kind of learning disability.  I had spent the past two days cleaning my apt and decided to light some candles to celebrate it being clean.  I had also amassed quite a collection of half burnt tea lights from various places and wanted to burn them to the end so I could throw them away.  I had several tea lights lined up on my windowsill, where the detective likes to sit when he's on neighborhood watch.

So I'm standing looking out the window when he jumps up on the sill and walks directly over to the candles.  He stops with his paws amongst the candles and his body directly above them.  I am literally watching the hair on his legs start to singe and smoke as he literally is just standing there.  Worried about him catching fire and then running on a rampage around the apt lighting other things on fire, I go to try and brush his legs where his hair is literally catching fire.  He apparently thought I was giving him pets so he promptly sits down, on a lit tea light.

It must have finally burned him bad enough that he figured out what was going on because he got right up and ran in to the closet meowing in anger.  I had to air out the apt from the smell of burnt hair.  And I don't even understand, do you really have to learn about fire?  I thought it was like a primal kind of thing. And besides, that is not the first time he's ever been around fire either.  Which is why I am convinced that he is learning disabled.

It's no wonder he couldn't hack it on the mean streets of manhattan.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he was just protecting you from the dangerous fire. That gives a whole new meaning to "fire RETARDant."

    ReplyDelete