Friday, May 4, 2012

I know why the caged palm sings


I had some errands to run in the neighborhood yesterday so I decided to do it NYC style and walk it.  I love how whenever I tell Heather that I'm going to walk somewhere she gives me the most horrified look like she can't even imagine.

What's the point of living in paradise if you aren't going to get out and enjoy it every once in a while?  Especially from behind the safety of metal bars.  I guess that's the theory at the budget inn anyways.


I don't know why but it cracked me up.  It reminded me of a prison yard or something.  Only a few of the palms are segregated inside the cage, while the others are allowed to sway freely in the breeze.  If those actually just grew around that thing then that's even more awesome.

I wasn't able to get a picture because he moved far too quickly for me but I also spotted a bright green iguana in the parking lot of the grocery store.  I was very excited, it made me feel like I really live somewhere exotic.

Then I get a text from Heather saying that a flamingo flew over her car!  So cool!!  What's even better is that she told me later that she was so excited when she saw the flamingo that she called me and a couple other people but none of us answered so then she sent us all texts.  She said that we all replied to the texts within a matter of minutes, meaning we were all by our phones and available, just ignoring her calls.  At this point, she said, all of her excitement from the flamingo had turned in to anger.

That's the best kind of story.

Heather spotting a flamingo reminds me of the flamingo tattoo that I've wanted to get for a long time.  Maybe it's a sign.

This is the one I think I want:


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment