Sunday, May 6, 2012

a cinco de mayo miracle


I woke up yesterday at like 6:00am feeling terrible for some reason.  Perhaps it was all the almonds.  I was not looking forward to squandering my morning as I waited for my 1:00pm shift at work.  That's when the first of my cinco de mayo miracles happened.

Elliot texted me asking me to come in early.  Apparently he saw me like something on facebook so he knew I was awake.  It was definitely exactly what I wanted, a quiet morning at work and getting out while it was still daylight.

Then the second cinco de mayo miracle, Joel texted me saying he was at the mall and needed to do some shopping.  I got to help him pick out some nice new things and then I met him for my post work (his pre-work) margarita.  It was really great to see him, I feel like we haven't done anything in forever.

I'm also glad he picked the restaurant he picked as it was also being patronized by this handsome guy:


He was wiggling so much that my camera wouldn't auto focus making the picture taking very hard.  I tried to put my hand out to pet him and steady him and he just opened his giant mouth and my hand went right in.  It was faintly terrifying, he could have easily chomped it right off.  Thankfully he was way too nice to do anything like that.


Now that I have an SUV I could get a nice doggy like this!  Hmmmm, maybe I'll just take a look at the adoption sites for down here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment