Tuesday, August 9, 2011

the end of the line


It was every bit as ominous and foreboding in person.  That's a wall of rain you see in the distance and it just moved directly over the mainland in a matter of minutes.

The owners of this piece of waterfront land on the main road through Siesta finally caught wise to everyone parking there and watching the sunset so they put up a fence.  Now there is just this sad road to nowhere left.

I am going to try Ft. Lauderdale one more time.  I'm torn between fool me once shame on you, and third times a charm.  I figure if I still can't get a place after this round then I can't argue with three strikes your out.

I have gotten really addicted to this game while I've been mastering the art of killing time.  It takes me back to the days when I had an office job and discovering new games like that would have been all that kept me sane.  Now I can't think of the last time I played a nice flash game online.

I think I like them because they remind me of old school video games.  They usually only rely on a couple buttons, or just the mouse, the premise is easy to understand, and they are addicting.  Like the angry birds craze.  There is something nice about being able to pick up a game and immediately understand it.  I recently got the Goldeneye that they had rereleased for the wii and ended up not even being able to play it because it was too complicated and too dark to see what was going on unless I played it in the dead of night with no other lights on.  Just give me a bird flying at a pig that has barricaded itself inside a makeshift fort.  Is that so much to ask?

Now I want to go play video games while I wait for my video tour from Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment