Wednesday, May 2, 2012

now THIS is luxury


You have no idea, the moment that I realized I could take my coffee with me to work, it was huge.  It was also the moment that I realized Dan was right all along, you do need the lid to go with your tervis tumbler.  I was a fool for doubting you, I apologize here for the record.

I am in love with my new car.  I can't even begin to describe.  As much as I love the roadster it feels so much more appropriate to park this in the mall parking lot.


My sister and I always talk about how so much of our experience with something is dependent on who we work with, especially for big ticket items like this.  I will definitely say that even though Heather and I went to a bunch of places and had a lot of different cars in mind, it was working with Daniel at the Mercedes dealership here that made me feel good about getting this amazing car.

So my new project is to make a playlist featuring songs that reference Mercedes.  Here's what I have so far:

"Got a new Benz the color of bacon bits" Hold Yuh - Nicki Minaj

"Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz" Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin

"Boom boom baby pick you up in my Mercedes" Selfish - Britney Spears

"Think I wanna drive your Benz, I don't.  If I wanna floss, I got my own" Love Don't Cost A Thing - Jennifer Lopez

"Smoke a L in the back of the Benz-y" Ride Wit Me - Nelly

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I was also trying to think if my car was featured in any other pop culture references.  I don't think mine has been specifically because this model is still too new and it's not really all that fancy or anything.  But if you want to let me have some creative license I can say that they drove Mercedes SUVs in Jurrassic Park II:




I imagine if I ever get another cat this is the fate that will befall me when I leave them at home too long together to conspire.  But at least I'll go out in style!

For now I'm holding on to my roadster, hopefully Elliot is going to be able to fix it for me and then I will figure out what I'm going to do with it.  In the meantime I feel a little bit like this.  My favorite part was the description of the Rolls' steering wheel that had melted off.  I also thought it was interesting that the luxury car dealers were hoping that the cars would never get back on the market again.

At least I can comfort myself knowing that I'm not that ridiculous.  But it does seem insane to look at two different keys on my counter.  I told Eliza that I have finally realized my 8 year old dream.  She seemed impressed.

SO COME VISIT PLEASE OK?  THANKS!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That mercedes got ripped apart with absolutely no effort. Maybe we should have asked how it would hold up to T-Rex for safety issues. You should ask for a refund.

    ReplyDelete