Monday, May 28, 2012

memorial weekend pool party


I was planning on going to the beach yesterday but when Heather mentioned a pool party I realized it was the perfect opportunity to wear my U.S.A. tank top.  What I never could have imagined was the whirlwind afternoon that was in store for me.

Heather's friends Rocky and Laurie live in this cool building, pictured above, thats in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.  Besides a handful of people who came from Miami (yes, that's right work friends, there are people who will come all the way up to Ft. Lauderdale from Miami) it seemed like most of the people hanging out by the pool were other residents of the building.  It was so fun, there's a part of me that would love to live in a building like this.

Then again, if I ever got as wasted as Heather I don't know that I would want all of my neighbors to see at once.  I'm not saying Heather was terrible but during the 15 minutes that I left her alone to go upstairs with our new bff Rebecca to get towels this happened:


I still haven't gotten a clear explanation from Heather about this picture.

And little did she know that while she was playing colander boxing with Ali I was upstairs meeting this nice nice lady:


She was so excited and all wiggles and just wanted you to put your face near hers.


: (

A torrential afternoon downpour kind changed the dynamic of the party so Heather and I decided to head home to shower and change.  Heather lured Rebecca over to our neighborhood with the promise of meatballs.  I knew where her mind was and I knew I  wasn't interested in a repeat of this evening so I let them have special girl time.

But thanks to my early night I am up and ready to go today for what is truly, Memorial Day.  So lets go to the beach-each, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment