Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Heather's May/June surprise internet gift


Apparently I was wasted when I took that picture.  I don't even understand how I got it so crooked.  I took like four pictures and they are all equally as wonky.

Anyways, I had been anticipating my trip to Sarasota because I wanted to go to the Tervis store for myself.  It wasn't until shortly before the trip actually happened that I realized I could get Heather an amazing internet gift.  My plan was to peruse the various themes and try to find one that I felt was a perfect fit for her.  I was leaning heavily towards the crab but had others in mind as well.

When I walked in the store, however, I saw the section that I never go in and knew it's where I would find Heather's gift; the licensed sports merchandise section.  I embarrassingly had to call Heather and ask her what her favorite team was to be sure, which is a shame because my gut was telling me it was the Steelers.  I was just too afraid of getting the wrong team and ruining the whole fun of it.

Once I established that she was in fact a die hard Steelers fan it was only a matter of picking out just the right one for her.  With no help from Dan, the scene unfolded a little like this:




Especially the part where we all spoke in Spanish with English subtitles.  The only difference is that I was obviously the blonde nazi woman.

Hopefully I didn't choose poorly, I think Heather liked her gift.  I don't think she has fully grasped the amazingness that is a Tervis Tumbler but she has time.  It only takes a few uses before you're hooked.

It was only supposed to be her May internet gift but thanks to the ridiculous cost of NFL licensing it ended up being her May/June internet gift.  That gives me plenty of time to plan the next one.  I can't believe it won't be until July, it seems so far away and yet right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment