Thursday, May 3, 2012

I want to be where the people are


I'm always torn about when to change this nice guys water.  I was reading online that when Betta's are happy they make bubble nests in their tank, which is basically all this guy does all day.  Even though I hope he likes fresh oxygen rich water, I still feel bad about destroying all his hard bubble work.


He was swimming around in circles so fast that I couldn't even get a good picture.  I took that to mean he was happy with his squeaky clean tank.  Apparently I was wrong.

I got back from getting coffee this morning and went to say hi to him only to find his tank completely empty.  I was seriously baffled for a few moments, then figured that the detective had finally discovered him and decided he looked like a tasty snack.

But its very out of character for the detective to do anything or be interested in stuff so I thought, maybe I should just check around and be sure.  And who should I find laying in a pile of dirt at the bottom of my beach bag?  That funny fish Jonathan.

I guess he did not like his squeaky clean tank and because I filled the water up nice and high for him he was able to take out his frustrations by leaping out of his tank, off the counter, and in to my beach bag.

Amazingly he was still alive when I found him, and still appears to be alive though he has been sitting completely still since I put him back in his tank.  His little gills are flapping but he looks pretty shocked.  He's also covered in cat hair.

: (

Well, now I just checked on him again and he's swimming around and wiggling his booty to the music I have playing.  So pretty much business as usual.

Why does he do things like this?!  Why are all my pets weird and bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment