Tuesday, May 3, 2011

iced tea


I think iced tea is the perfect demo drink for the tervis corporation.  I mean, it's quite brilliant really.

See tervis tumblers keep things both cold AND hot, which I understood in principle but had not quite grasped the magnitude of this attribute in practice until I made iced tea for the first time.  What's amazing about it is that you can put your tea bag in and then fill it up to about the bottom of the pineapple with hot water to let it steep.  The cup not only keeps the water piping hot, but the outside stays room temperature so you can easily carry it around or put it wherever without worry about the glass getting too hot.

Then when the tea is done steeping you just dump ice in until it's filled to the top and wham bam thank you ma'am you've got some delicious iced tea.  It takes a few minutes for the tervis to make the transition from hot to cold but it does it and you are none the wiser because the outside stays the same temperature the whole time.  Don't have a coaster?  No problem.  Sensitive hands?  No problem.  No cup holder in your car so you have to keep drinks in between your legs, which is fine when you're wearing pants but has caused problems when you've tried it in a bathing suit?  No problem.

The other day when we were driving back from Lauderdale we actually passed the tervis factory and I'm not kidding I got butterflies of excitement for a moment.  I don't know why.  It's the same feeling I get when I drive through Land O' Lakes or Zephyrhills.  I am truly a child of the 80's.

P.S. I feel like my recipe for iced tea could be straight out of a Rachel Ray cookbook.  Put tea bag in cup, pour in hot water, wait.  After some amount of time, put ice in the cup, enjoy.

Why do I not have my own show?

4 comments:

  1. If Rachel Ray is the standard we're going by, you need to be at least 12 times more obnoxious to get your own show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha to be honest I've always thought of myself as more of a sandra lee, but even sandra lee is more creative than my tea recipe. Or she would add whiskey and spear some fruit on a toothpick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, yeah, some fruit she bought pre-sliced at the store. I think you could handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha that's totally what I used in my fruit appetizer. I just bought a mixed fruit bowl from the produce section and then speared the pieces on to little skewers. It makes cooking like putting together ikea furniture, just sticking things together really.

    ReplyDelete