Sunday, March 6, 2011

i'm dying



This makes me laugh so hard, mostly because of Raven, but Miley isn't terrible.  I actually felt ok about her on snl last night.  She did a lot of making fun of herself which was funny sometimes and annoying other times.  The clip above would be a good time.  She also does a really good Justin Bieber.

But i'm sorry, that is the funniest impression of Raven I have ever seen.  It's pretty much spot on too.  I think the skit is made funnier by the fact that Miley is  just being Hannah Montana in it.  I LOVE the part where they are talking louder and louder.  That is exactly how I feel every time I see anything with live actors on a kids channel.

I can't think of the last time I watched snl, especially when it was on new, but it was pretty fun.  I kept wondering about the Strokes and wether they got signed on before or after Miley.

     "Yeah, we'd love to do snl, thanks so much!  So who is the host going to be?"

     "Miley Cyrus"

     "Oooooohhhhh"

I guess they figured that since Miley is a singer they should book her opposite a musical guest that doesn't compete with her?  I guess I just don't think of her as a musician, I think of her as Hannah Montana.  Every time she would start singing last night (and she sang a lot) I kept cringing and thinking she was going to sing a wrong note or her voice was going to crack.  I had to keep reminding myself that I actually have her songs on my itunes (thanks Jon).

But she did ok, I laughed a bunch of times, so I support her.  I'm anxious to see what happens to her in the next few years.  All I could think during her opening monologue when she bragged about not having gotten a DUI was, 'yeah, not yet'.  She's going to regret saying that cause they will just replay the shit out of that when she does get a DUI.  You know it's coming.

It will only make me respect her though.  She can sit at the ex-con table with Paris and da Brat.

2 comments:

  1. that's soooo raven.

    SHUT UP!

    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with EVERYTHING you said. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said it all after I watched SNL. When I saw that Keenan was playing Raven, I almost died. Too perfect.

    ReplyDelete