Monday, November 26, 2012

for gala



Gala sent me a text saying that they covered Vision of Love on the voice and that I should watch it, which reminded me that I got a bittersweet All I Want for Christmas is You at work the other day.  It was a cover.  Really?

I texted Gala back telling her of my disappointment and she made some comment about how it's not her song so it's not like they have to play her version.

INCORRECT.

"All I Want for Christmas Is You" is a song written by Carey and Walter Afanasieff, recorded by American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey. It was released by Columbia Records on November 1, 1994 as the lead single from her fourth studio albumMerry Christmas. The song's writers were also the producers.


That being said, they do HAVE to play her version, so Gala, please let me know who I need to contact in H.R. about this.

Otherwise, yes I give props to Trevin for his take on Vision of Love, he certainly out sang Amanda.  Also, like with Kelly Clarkson trying to cover Always Be My Baby, clips like this are good reminders of how amazing Mariah is.  She just makes it seem so effortless.


1 comment:

  1. Reading the first paragraph, I was like, "There's no WAY Mariah was the original artist on that song; it's a classic."
    I guess I only got that second part right...

    ReplyDelete