Monday, November 21, 2011

Bill and Jed's excellent adventure


Bill and Jed invited me to come to brunch with them at a friends house.  Silly me for not assuming that we would be travelling by boat.


I love the canals here.  I'm just finally starting to learn my way around by car but once on the canals it's like a whole new world.


And what was cool about their boat that was different than my halloween boat adventure is that Bill and Jed's boat is small enough to fit under even the shortest bridges so we could go through more of the neighborhoods as opposed to staying just in the intra coastal.  Great for peeping at people's homes.

Speaking of, the house we ended up at for brunch was actually the same one from the halloween party, and it's seriously one of the most amazing homes I've ever had the pleasure of being in. I couldn't really take pictures the night of the party because it was too dark and full of people.  Yesterday, however, I got sneak some pics with the owners approval.


Behind the giant curtains is an amazing outdoor area where we had brunch.  If I lived here I would spend every waking moment out here.  Wouldn't you?  This was the view looking out:


It's like the Golden Girls lanai for the modern man.

Coming back to this house also meant that I got to see this nice nice guy again:


I had to sneak that picture because he is apparently terribly camera shy.  When he would see me taking his picture he would give me a dirty look as he got up and walked away from me:


I LOVE HIM!

After a delicious brunch we headed back out on the boat to an area in the intra coastal known as 'the lake'.


I guess normally there are lots of people out enjoying the area but yesterday it was really just us and another boat full of hookers.  Well, we assumed they were hookers judging by their large exposed breasts.  Regardless they were my heroes.


We enjoyed a couple hours of lazily drifting on the lake before our day of brunching and booze cruising had to come to an end.


Though the drive back was swift it was also beautiful with the sun setting behind the clouds.


I don't know how I'm so fortunate to have friends that invite me on adventures like this.


Thanks guys!

: )

2 comments: