Monday, May 30, 2011

lake lure; memorial weekend





What a love hate relationship i've had with this water in the past few days.  When I took this picture it was with the intention of posting about how I was too afraid to jump off the roof and that this is the height I jump from now.  However, since I took this picture, I was somehow reminded of my old self and jumped off the roof without a care in the world.  I wish that I could just commit to a feeling about something. 

I know one feeling I can commit to and that's my love of every single view from every single place here.



Feel free to scroll past if these ever get old, but trust me, when you're staring at it face to face in real life it is really remarkable.  I can't help but take picture after picture, even if it is of the same view over and over again.  Somehow every time I see it I am overwhelmed by how incredible it all is. 

We were actually just talking earlier today about how after you've been here for a few days you start to forget about your incredible surroundings.  You get sucked in to your indoor activities and forget to look out the windows.  But can you blame me?  I have to keep my wits about me when i'm playing cutthroat with dan and adam




and even with my trick shots and smooth moves, I lost miserably as always. 

Other distractions on the lake include kayaking, featuring a cameo by the lake lure police, cooking, watercolors, and watersports


I definitely remember tubing as a child but I am hard pressed to remember what was appealing about it now.  I don't have any desire to get on there, but more power to adam for taking a tour around the lake being dragged behind a runaway pontoon boat.

But my favorite parts about lake lure are the secret hideaways and hang outs.  Almost every bedroom has its own private terrace, balcony, or view, if not all three.  Sometimes its nice to just find a quiet place to be where nobody knows how to find you. 


and no matter where you are you can't complain about the view.


It's hard to believe that I still get to enjoy this for almost a whole week more. 

1 comment: