Monday, August 9, 2010

Palm Springs




I've once again slacked off from my goal of a post a day, and for that i apologize. I really need to figure out how to post from my phone, if anybody knows how to work the droid and can help me that would be awesome.

So after the Tayisha Busay show on thursday night I hopped on an early morning flight to Burbank where Laura whisked me away to Palm
Springs. We were lucky enough to stay at Terra's amazing condo, though most of our time was spent at the Ace hotel. The condo was something straight out of the wonderful wild 1980's. Almost every wall was one solid mirror from ceiling to floor, and there was plenty of glass coffee tables for all of your 1980's needs (wink wink). We did run in some trouble after disturbing the mummy's tomb in the guest bathroom. Apparently the water had been mistakenly shut off, which wasn't a big deal until we discovered what could only have been fossilized something in the guest bathroom toilet. We called the water company which led to a wonderful friday night of crawling through the bushes around the outside of somebody else's condo looking for "a box in the ground with a lever". The impatient water emergency phone operator could only take so much of us not understanding his vague and unhelpful directions so he finally obliged to send somebody out to help us. I fell asleep on the couch watching a vhs of Pretty Woman that I found in what I was hoping was going to be a liquor cabinet.

The rest of the weekend was spent poolside at the Ace, which was super cool. Laura described Palms Springs as an oasis in the middle of the desert, and it was the perfect way to put it. Laying by the pool in 100+ temperatures and seeing the mountains rising up in the distance. I definitely felt very bicoastal jetting to Palm Springs for a weekend of poolside revelry before hopping a red-eye back to nyc. Now I need to go wash the chlorine out of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment