Wednesday, July 13, 2011

still working on it


I was browsing the list of beers, feeling like I had no idea what to go with, when Kelpie jumped off the page at me.  I was expecting something that tasted more like seaweed but it actually had more of the smooth quality that comes with kelp, as Mr. P would have been quick to point out.

I quite enjoyed it, and the bartender enthusiastically said, "It's got seaweed in it, that's gotta be good for you!"

I realized I hadn't had a draught beer here in a while so I looked at the tap right in front of me and said, "I'll have that one next".  Little did I know I was going to get the most delicious beer served in the most fantastic glass:


It was so sweet and delicious, I could drink it all day.  The glass kind of reminded me of the boot, its shape is misleading as far as how much booze you have drunk/have left to drink.  I like mind puzzlies while I drink, like erotic photo hunt.  Makes me feel like I'm exercising my mind while I kill brain cells.

The best part of this trip to Shakespeare's was that they had AMC on which showed the original Rambo followed by Kill Bill part 1.  I basically got to see the best of both.  My favorite part about Rambo was when the closed captioning said, "[vietnamese shouting]", and for Kill Bill we stayed through the whole opening sequence with Vivica A. Fox (amazing) as well as the whistling scene with Daryl Hannah (also amazing).

I feel like if I had a bar I would be so good at picking out things to watch on TV or listen to or whatever.  I just don't get bars that don't understand the dynamics of entertainment.  Yesterday at Shakespeare's gives me hope for them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment