Friday, July 15, 2011

bats & cotton candy clouds


I've been taking a lot of coping walks lately, the area around my father's is not a bad place for it.  I'm getting to that point where I feel like once all these issues in my life get resolved I won't know what to do with myself because I've forgotten what life is like when I don't have Leslie from State Farm on hold on line 1, and Crystal from Enterprise on hold on line 2, with the Jerry behind "Tom and Jerry's body shop" beeping in incessantly.

I feel like it's a lot easier to be irritated in NYC, not so much down here.  Walking on the nature trail it was impossible to be upset when the sky was filled with the fluffiest pink clouds you could ever want to see.  Then when I realized the sky was also full of bats I forgot about all my worries and enjoyed the bizarre scene.  It made me think of Esha, or the Addams Family, WHICH DAN HAD NEVER SEEN!

Morticia: Have you spoken to her parents?
Susan Firkins, Wednesday's Teacher: Well, Wednesday brought in this picture: Calpurnia Addams.
Morticia: Wednesday's great-aunt Calpurnia. She was burned as a witch in 1706. They said she danced naked in the town square and enslaved the minister.
Susan Firkins, Wednesday's Teacher: Really?
Morticia: Oh, yes. But don't worry. We've told Wednesday college first. 



I really can't believe Dan had never seen it.  Her dress alone is enough to sell anybody on that movie.  


So here we find ourselves, at the dawn of another day.  I am chomping at the bit for it to be 9:00 so I can start calling all of my new best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment