Saturday, May 21, 2011

clear water


Growing up I don't think I understood that our beaches were uniquely beautiful.  I figured the beach just looked the way beaches look on tv, white sands and crystal clear water.

Sure when we moved to Charleston I was excited about the big waves that come with the Atlantic Ocean, but every time I came back to the beaches here I would be reminded of how incredible they really are.  And now that i've been to beaches in other less fortunate places I really understand.

I will say that the clear water does make me scan frantically for sand sharks and sting rays, where in murkier waters I tend to just go in without thinking of what might be lurking under my little toes.  It's pretty shallow out here at Lido but that doesn't mean you're in the clear.  In fact, when I got to the beach yesterday I actually saw a herd (pod?  swarm?  murder?) of dolphins, and if they can swim in this shallow of water I'm sure there are plenty of sharks that can as well.

At least I'll be able to see them coming...

3 comments:

  1. This doesn't even look real to me. I'm pretty sure it's CGI. You're a goddamn liar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i appreciate the level of rage you took it to

    ReplyDelete