Thursday, July 14, 2011

trapped in paradise


The only thing keeping me going is the thought that somewhere one of you is sitting at a desk wishing that you could be here.  I'm doing it for you, don't you understand?!

Still no word on how long its going to take to repair my car, thus I am stuck here in Florida for now.  I would like to go down to Ft. Lauderdale but not all by my lonesome.  I might have to just suck it up.

Maybe I should just get a mail order bride.  That could be fun, we'd surely become the best of friends.  Just me and mai ling v. the world.

I wish any number of my friends going to fancy pants law schools actually had a law degree so I could ask them for advice regarding situations like this.  Unfortunately I just get a lot of hemming and hawing when I manage to get Andrew on the phone.

I was telling Jon last night that I'm also trying to think of some kind of skill I can immerse myself in mastering.  I brought up fencing as an option which Jon felt was appropriately white for me.  I agree but I've always wondered how much of an investment fencing really is.  I mean I imagine you have to buy that funny white outfit and everything.  I certainly wouldn't want to wear a communal one.

But what are the practical applications of fencing?  Maybe, maybe, someday I would be confronted by a maniac in a spooky old castle and I would have to defend myself with the sword I pull from the coat of arms guarding my bedroom, but I see that as being as likely as me and mai ling becoming the best of friends.

Jon suggested learning a language which, while being a great suggestion, sounds like it involves a lot more "learning" than I'm really interested in right now.

I think I should figure out something to chronicle on my blog, Julie & Julia style.  But what?  Maybe I can incorporate my desire to go down to Ft. Lauderdale.  What's interesting about south florida that I can write about?  Tervis?  I think I've covered that pretty well.  Ooh maybe I should make my goal to meet Gloria Estefan and then just do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.  Knowing my luck I would get rear ended by her upon arriving in Miami, thus ending that great idea.

But I think I'm on to something here.  Maybe I can do a tour of scenic highways as seen from a freshly repaired roadster.  It would be helpful if I had somebody in the passenger seat to take pictures for me...

...

...

hint hint...

I am going to go research Florida's scenic highways, please let me know when you are available to be my copilot, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment