Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July



Dan's family had a quintessential 4th of July backyard bbq that you don't even know how jealous you are that you missed.  Unfortunately Dan got me hammered off of watermelon mint martinis and I ended up passing out for the better part of the afternoon.

But I did wake up in time for us to go to see the fireworks!  Dan took me here for some prime viewing:


It's the University of Buffalo, which I commented was beautiful to which Dan quickly replied, "no, no its not".  I think he just has the same feelings about it that I would have about USC or UF, it's only exciting if you're not from the area.

There was no wondering about the excitement level of the fireworks however.  They really were cool, especially since we were sitting fairly close to them.  The depth, the depth!!


Enjoy the blue, it's the most expensive color!




I like this one because it reminds me of the end of Britney's concert when she vanishes in a waterfall of fireworks.  


Even though we sat there longer waiting for the fireworks to start than actually watching them it was a really fun night.  Once we started playing music on our phones, yelling at every passerby, "Justin?  BJ?", and drinking champaign I forgot about the fireworks anyways.  They ended up being a pleasant surprise.

Now I've got to brush me teeth and get ready for some HARDCORE sight seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment