Saturday, July 2, 2011

two more down


My father and I had dinner plans yesterday but he forgot.  It wasn't until I smelled whatever deliciousness he had made for himself that I realized he wasn't going to be eating with me.  Thankfully Scott was available and wanted to meet me at Shakespeare's so I could work on my beers around the world.

I chose this first one based entirely on its name.  I felt like I needed a skull splitter yesterday afternoon.  As I was drinking it Scott asked me if it was one of the high alcohol content ones.  I said I didn't think so, then looked to see that it was like 8.7% alcohol.  It certainly tasted smooth and refreshing.  I don't think I realized how tipsy it really made me until much later when I was halfway through a frozen snickers bar wondering why on earth I would ever eat a frozen snickers bar.

Regardless the beer was quite good.  I wanted a second but couldn't muster up the strength to think about what I should get so I picked the second one based completely on number.  I chose a number on my card that seemed sad and alone and needed to be punched out of it's misery.


I actually quite like this beer so it was a pleasant surprise.  Besides reminding me of the german place on 86th street that I used to frequent, it also always reminds me of Emma and her parents who always had a six pack of this in the fridge.  They are the only people I know who kept hoegaarden on hand.  I can understand why though, it's really light and summery, actually a perfect charleston beer.

I need to tally up how many beers I have had and how many I have left.  I always think I'm further through the list than I am.  It's because these foreign beers have such high alcohol contents and I'm such a lightweight.

I know what you're thinking Jon, 'you are so white'.

No comments:

Post a Comment