Tuesday, July 12, 2011

just a little bigger


At the rental car place I jokingly said to my sister, "maybe they'll put me in a BMW, you know, keep me in the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed".  She gave me a look not unlike the kind kitty gives me, so it was a surprise to both of us when the guy behind the counter said, "ok I'm going to put you in that blue BMW out front."

Oh I was excited.  I could have done without him lecturing me about how it was a 2011 BMW and if I damaged it it was going to be very expensive.  It was like he was Joe Enterprise loaning out his favorite BMW to his son for prom night or something.  And what's worse is that I didn't even end up getting it either.  Somebody else apparently had already claimed it so I was given this monstrosity.

And apparently I wasn't far off with my guess, the woman put me in for a premium rental, I can only assume because of my car.  I can't imagine it was for any other reason as this was the same woman who I had earlier called Cruella DeVille for suggesting that I run over the turtle instead of stopping for it.

So for the time being I am relishing the early morning hours before I have to be on the phone again talking to any number of different people that I don't even understand why I have to talk to in the first place.  I can't wait to hear from Kelly at Progressive, she's got some 'splainin' to do.

On the plus side my premium SUV comes equipped with the most premium feature of all:

No comments:

Post a Comment