Saturday, July 30, 2011

so hungry


Upon arriving in nyc I headed straight to the Met, as I usually do.  Meghan walked me past the line to see the McQueen exhibit again but it was far too crowded so we ended up turning around after the cape room.

Meghan then led me through the Greeks and the Romans before dropping me off in the Michael C. Rockefeller wing while she finished her last hour at work.  Even though I hadn't eaten anything all day I decided that I could nourish my soul with art for an hour to tide me over until Meghan and I could go get a bite to eat together.

Cut to 5:30 and I am still waiting at the top of the stairs to the costume institute, pacing back and forth between the open sarcophagus and the prints of hieroglyphs that would have appeared on his tomb.  I was so hungry that when I saw the one above my mouth actually started watering.

I mean that just looks straight up delicious.  What are those, doughnuts at the bottom?  I also like that they are clearly at a bar as you can see the upside down hanging martini glasses lined up at the bottom, as well as the pitchers of...what is that?  Infused vodka?  Sangria?  Either way it looks delicious.

By the time Meghan got out of work we only really had enough time to go downtown so I could watch her and Sam frantically pack for their dream vacation to Hawaii.  So now here I find myself in a nyc with no Meghan and no Dan.  What am I supposed to do with myself all day?

I will definitely be going here at some point to treat myself to lonely dessert for one.  Unless somebody wants to join me?

1 comment:

  1. You should be an art historian or maybe an archaeologist. Everything you said makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete