Monday, May 23, 2011

view from lunch


My world certainly felt like it came to an end this weekend, so Scott helped me celebrate the only way appropriate to celebrate; eating and drinking.

Saturday we spent the afternoon here at the Salty Dog Cafe of off St. Armands.  Not having Dan with us limited our choices (no nirvana this time), but we still ordered a plethora of food and drink, the likes of which I was unprepared for.

Followed by Sunday, in celebration of finding ourselves unraptured, we went to Libby's in downtown sarasota where it was happy hour at the bar.  I think my mistake here was ordering the second corn dog.  But it was oh so good!!!!

I'm not one to engage in online debate, especially in forums with strangers, but I did feel compelled to post on reddit the other day when a foreigner posed the question "do american's really eat corndogs?" to which I replied, "YES"

So here we find ourselves now on Monday.  Back to life, back to reality I suppose.  I know my week is looking different than I had imagined it before the world ended.

1 comment:

  1. no nirvana?!?!?!?!?!
    and i'm guessing no oysters either!
    oh well.
    are you coming up to the lake?

    ReplyDelete