Wednesday, May 4, 2011

a tribute to food on a stick


I don't know why but yesterday I decided I needed to make a meal of things on sticks.  To be honest I had envisioned a dessert course as well but became overwhelmed by the grocery story very quickly.

However, I still managed to pull of an entree of fruit on sticks as seen above, followed by a main course of veggies and steak on a stick:


I did not make this meal alone, I had a lot of help from Scott.  We had a discussion that ended unresolved about who was who's sous chef.  Let's just say we worked together, and the result was delicious.

It really wasn't very hard either, I basically worked on the idea of, 'if you can jab a stick through it, do it'.

My idea for dessert was going to be like strawberries, marshmallows, and chocolate pieces or something.  I don't know, I didn't want to think about it yesterday and I still don't want to today.  I think a food on a stick meal may be best left as a two course affair.

2 comments: