Sunday, May 15, 2011

9x2


I was perusing the list trying to decide what I might want when I decided that all I really wanted was something with a high alcohol content, so I picked La Fin Du Monde which boasted a 9% alcohol content.  It was delicious and from Canada so it provided for me ask what it was all aboot repeatedly, which pleased me.

I chose the second beer entirely based on the name.


It was the special bottle of the day so it didn't have the alcohol content listed on the menu or on the chalkboard.  I figured, with a name like Lagunitas The Hairy Eyeball how could I go wrong.

Well turns out it was also a 9% alcohol content brew so by the time I finished this I was pretty gone.  If I had it all to do over again I might have chosen differently, just because both of these beers were very good, but I don't think I was prepared to get that loaded of off two drinks.  I was glad that I got the hairy eyeball while it was the special though, especially when I saw their catch phrase at the bottom:


For some reason this made me think of Meghan.

After my boozy sunday evening I ended up coming home and watching like 4 straight hours of true crime shows on one of those trashy stations like the ID channel.  It was glorious.  I guess I have no complaints really, maybe these two beers are a winning combination for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment