Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a test in patience


I love my father, I do, but it's the way he starts talking as soon as I wake up in the morning and doesn't stop until he passes out at some point in the evening.

I mean, even when I'm not around he is still sending me so many texts that I usually can't even respond to them.

I appreciate it and it makes me feel very wanted and loved but it is also a bit overwhelming.  To think there were days in NYC when I didn't even hear another human voice (except maybe mariah) seems ridiculous compared to my life when I'm down here.  Just constant chatter.

Of course once my father finally does go to sleep he is replaced by that OBNOXIOUS cat who has been stomping all over my head all night and then yelling in my face.

I need a life.

2 comments:

  1. Returning to the annoyances and mundanity of everyday reality after a break is always tough. I couldn't help avoiding everyone at home for a few days after my vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's why i'm going on another vacation immediately

    ReplyDelete