Monday, June 13, 2011

another one down


My sleep schedule has been all out of whack the past few days thanks to some unscheduled late night adventures so I've basically been sleeping for a few hours at a time then being up for a few hours and then back to sleep.  I'm pretty much on the same cycle as kitty at this point.

The other day I woke up at like 4 in the afternoon and was extremely hungry.  I also hadn't been out in the daylight at all yet so I decided to walk down to Shakespeare's and knock a few more beers off my list.

As I've mentioned, n the menu they list the beers with their alcohol content, so today was one of those days that I just scanned for the biggest number I could find that I hadn't already had yet.  St. Peter's Cream Stout was what I ended up with and oh was it delicious.  I especially liked the bottle, partly because it was about a glass and a half's worth of beer, but also because it looked like something a pirate would be drinking out of.  One of the bartender's said it was the kind of bottle you'd want in your hand during a bar brawl.

Speaking of the bartenders, this was the first time that I actually managed to befriend the girls behind the bar and I couldn't have been more pleased.  I was the most excited about the beautiful asian girl, mostly so the next time Jon comes to visit I can show him that there are other types of people in Sarasota besides white people.  Also because she had amazing hair.

I ended up ordering a stella after my st. pete's mostly because I still had food to finish, to be honest I was already feeling quite loopy from the pirate beer.  It was fine anyways as just as I was getting ready to go the bar was picking up and the girls were moving on to more lucrative patrons anyways.  I got two stamps on my card, I got what I came for, the rest was all a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment