Sunday, June 5, 2011

I miss you already 40D


I can't believe I'm back on Sullivan's Island, lake lure becoming more and more of a memory.  This morning when I got up I was sad to use the fancy working coffee maker at Andrew's parents house, I miss the gentle sighing and gurgling of 40D.

Apparently anybody that has stayed at the lake house has had their own personal battle with this coffee maker.  Besides the fact that it's complicated and finicky, while it's running it makes this subtle breathing noise that is just human enough to be unnerving.  Using Amy's watercolors I painted my rendition of 40D:


"were you thinking of...coffee?  ::sigh::"

Yesterday in the car we were naming our favorite memories from the week.  I think mine was the night we were all still there, when Jay went skinny dipping.  Mostly because we were all together, but a little because I saw Jay's butt.  Plus, Jay going skinny dipping made it ok for me to go skinny dipping later in the week, and now we are the two cool kids who were brave enough to throw skin to the wind while all of the other wuss pusses just sat on the boat covering their modesty.

I also really liked when Dan changed the lyrics to Danity Kane's "Damaged" to be about him having water in his ear.  He actually didn't have to change too much...

"do do you have a first aid kit handy, do do you know how to get water out of my ear, are are are are you are you patient understanding cause I have got some water so deep in my ear canal!

I've tried every remedy but nothing seems to work for me BABY, the situation's driving me crazy, and I really want this water out of my ear, cause the lake I just jumped in left my ear so damaged, damaged, I thought that I should let you know, that my ear is damaged, so damaged, and you can blame the lake before.

So how you gonna fix it fix it fix it, how you gonna fix it fix it fix it?"

This could go on for hours, as it did all last week.

I also enjoyed the new nickname that Chana gave me by saying I looked like a brown merman, which eventually got shortened to 'merman' which then was changed to 'Merman' and eventually just Ethel.  After this point it took very little for Dan and I to burst out in to "Rose's Turn", much to everyone's chagrin.

But sadly all good things must come to an end, and so my lake lure adventure has.  I have another day in charleston to regroup and then it's back to the sunshine state for me.

For now while I wait for everyone else to wake up, I am going to go through my facebook pictures.  Be prepared for a lot of tagging!

No comments:

Post a Comment