Monday, June 27, 2011

one last time


It truly is the end of an era as Dan is moving out of this apt that he's been in for the past several years.  Even though I "know" all of the people who are living there now, Dan is the last of the originals that is leaving and I have to say I was not prepared to be so sad about it.

I mean, when I say I've had some good times at this apt I mean I have had some good times.  And I felt that we touched on all of the classic activities at the party the other night.


Right down to disturbing all of the neighbors by misleading my friend Chris in to setting of the alarm that was recently installed on the door to the roof.  It was actually pretty horrible, but at the same time reminiscent of when we pissed off the downstairs neighbors by doing the single ladies dance for like 3 hours straight.


Before we had to evacuate the roof it was really nice.  We managed to be up there for the final hours of daylight and the beginning of dusk.  And because we snuck up the back way it was only those of us in the know; Dan, Amy, Patrick, Jerry, and me.  I couldn't have asked for a better group.

Once we made our way back down to the apartment though we got to do one of our other favorite activities; dancing to ridiculous pop music.  I can always count on Dan to dance with me, and I will miss it very much.


I do find some comfort in the knowledge that there is a little piece of me that will stay in this apartment at least for a while.  When I moved away from NY in December I gave my plants away to my most trusted friends.  Dan has done an incredible job keeping them this long but now he's going to have to gift them to the apt.  I hope that they will bring the new tenants as much happiness as they brought me.


And I hope that I will get to come back and visit them soon.  Like maybe if there is a 4th of July party or something...hint hint...

No comments:

Post a Comment