Thursday, June 23, 2011

just like old times


Last night I went to see the incredible and amazing Tayisha Busay perform in Brooklyn at Glasslands.  Unfortunately my phone was dying so the only pictures I managed to take were while they were setting up, for some reason ariel is the only one not shrouding herself in a glitter cape.

The show was really awesome, especially because I got to hear a bunch of their new songs that I haven't heard before.  It's really silly that they aren't wildly famous yet.

I think the thing I like the most about them and their music is that it's obvious how much work and thought they put in to their group.  Like any great musicians their songs are catchy and fun right off the bat, but then when you actually start paying attention to the lyrics you realize they are just as brilliant as the melody.

I just love how tongue in cheek the Tayisha songs are.  So many layers and double entendres that half the time it wouldn't be until the song was over that I even really got the joke.

I'm super excited now for their cd to come out.  I have had the five tracks from their demo on my ipod since day 1 and know them all by heart now.  I am literally looking forward to their new stuff the way I look forward to new Britney or Mariah.

Of course what makes it even better is that I'm lucky enough to be friends with them too.  There's nothing like yelling "take off your shirt" at somebody on stage and having them immediately smile and remove their shirt.

Friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment