Friday, June 17, 2011

my love goes on and on and on and on and ooooooooooooooooon


I took a bike ride the other day to my favorite nursery in hopes of finding some new things to plant in the front garden at my grandfathers house.

It wasn't until I was on the road the nursery is on and I saw the sign for Bliss Road that I remembered I keep trying to take a picture of it.  The problem with bliss road is that it's hard to catch it from the car, so I thought being on my bike it would be perfect.  It was not perfect however.

I was doing fine all the way until bliss road at which point the sidewalk promptly ended, as did the bike lane.  I basically had to time my sprints between cars and just go as hard as I could from side street to side street until I got to the nursery.  As a result I blew past bliss road in a similar fashion as when I'm in the car, unable to get my phone out and take a picture.

And just as usual I completely forgot about bliss road while I was at the nursery and actually would have completely passed it again without realizing or taking a picture had it not been for a very epic run in I had with a curb.  Thanks to the people of Sarasota being unable to share the road with bicyclists I was forced to hit the curb going up on to the sidewalk head on, which was apparently jarring enough to knock the chain off.  I slowed to a stop, thinking 'what am I supposed to do now' when I looked up and saw that I had come to a stop right at bliss road.  It was meant to be.

Plus I got to feel like a real live adult by fixing my bike on the fly, and riding the rest of the way home.  Of course I had Mariah running through my head to help me along my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment