Wednesday, August 29, 2012

worth watching



For some reason I didn't watch this immediately when it came out but thought about it last night while I was eating dinner.

It's fun, I like that she's wearing a mini dress, and she looks so happy walking around holding up the cards.  I think what I didn't like was that it all reminded me of this:


Not that there is anything wrong with that.  And in a way I always like when she's self referential, reminding us why we love her.  Oh did you forget about this cd?  Maybe it's worth another listen while you ready yourself for the new album.

Circles?  Ugh, so good.

The Triumphant video being directed by Nick makes sense.  I feel like that's the Mariah he likes the best.  Standing alone in a gold mini dress with lots of sparkles all around her.  It's good, I'm not going to pretend like its not.

I guess I was just hoping for something new and different.  Maybe I expected having babies to change her?  Is that the point of this video?  To reassure us that it will be business as usual with Mariah even though she is a mother now?


All in all I think it's a fitting video for the song.  Those of you who still haven't even listened to the song (Sarah), I posted this with you in mind.

As for me, now that Isaac has finally passed us by, I am going for a much needed run.  You can guess what I will be listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment